Easy Phone ServiceNepal Telecom (NT) introduced its first ever Softphone based on SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) with its brandname EasyPhone. Using EasyPhone, subscribers can make economical IP calls from their computer (working as a phone) having broadband internet connection. Subscribers just need to download the EasyPhone softphone software application from NT’s website www.ntc.net.np, install in their computers and input the account number and password in the EasyPhone GUI to make IP calls. Two types of EasyPhone services are available: SIP PPP (Permanent Prepaid Phone) Service and SIP EasyCall (Prepaid Calling Card) Service.
SIP PPP (Permanent Prepaid Phone) Service
- Permanent account
- Unique Account Number – Range 604xxxxx
- Registration needed
- For registration PPP Service Form is to be filled and on payment of Nrs. 500/-, PPP account information will be provided to the subscribers
- Out of Nrs. 500/- mentioned above, Nrs. 50/- is registration charge; Nrs. 9 is ownership charge and remaining Nrs. 441/- is talk time value (including Tax and Vat)
- Copy of citizenship document and passport size photo is required
- The PPP account information includes the login account number and passwords for making IP calls (outgoing PIN) and PPP SelfCare webportal for PPP account management (web PIN) which are same.
- PPP accounts can be recharged using EasyCall PCC (Prepaid Calling Card) cards and validity date extended
- PPP (prepaid permanent Phone) SelfCare Portal (web page) is available @ http://fin.ntc.net.np/tellin/ppt_usr_index.jsp for account management such as Balance Query, validity query, account recharge and changing outgoing PIN and web PIN
- These pins can be changed by subscribers using PPP Selfcare web portal
- Both international and national (to NT PSTN/GSM/CDMA network) calls can be made
- PPP account can be used from anywhere in the world, anytime to call everywhere in the world at cheap economical rates
- Call Record Facility
- Phone Book Facility
- Can be used from SIP devices and mobiles with SIP capability
- Install the EasyPhone Software available from NT website www.ntc.net.np
- Enter the activation serial key to activate EasyPhone (also available with SoftPhone software)
- Input the PPP account number and password made available at registration to login
- After successful login, Dialer screen will popup and you are ready to make IP calls
- To make international or national call dial County code + Area Code + telephone no
- Example : 91+136XXXXXXXXXX, 977+98510XXXXX , 977+604XXXXX
Possible Call Scenarios
- From NT SIP PPP softphone to International subscribers
- From NT SIP PPP softphone to national subscribers of NT PSTN/GSM/CDMA network
- Calls made from SIP Terminal to SIP Terminal is Free for 3 months (2069-09-01 to 2069-11-30)
- Call Terminating Charge in NT's Network (PSTN/GSM/CDMA/VSAT) by using SIP account is Rs. 4.00
Country Per minute Tariff (Rs.) Pulse Duration Per Pulse Rate (Rs.) USA/ Canada Rs. 1.50 15 seconds 0.38 India, China, HongKong,
Rs. 3.00 15 seconds 0.75 Malaysia, SouthKorea, Bangladesh Rs. 2.50 15 seconds 0.63 Maccau Rs. 5.00 15 seconds 1.25 Israel, Taiwan, Pakistan Rs. 6.00 15 seconds 1.50 Japan, Russia Rs. 8.00 15 seconds 2.00 UK, Austrailia Rs. 10.00 15 seconds 2.50 Countries having Budget Call Services except countries listed in Group A,B,C,D & E and Somalia (252), Falk Land Island (500), Cuba (5399), N. Korea (850), Papua New Guinea (675), Soloman Island (677), East Timor (670), Satellite Phone (882), Global Networks (882), Inmar Sat (870) and Irridium (881) ONLY. Rs. 20.00 15 seconds 5.00 Nepal (NT PSTN/GSM/CDMA network) Rs 6.00 15 seconds 1.86
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ. Where Can I get the Easy Phone Software?
Easy Phone software can be found in http://www.ntc.net.np/downloads/easyphone
Q. Where Can I get Easy Call Card?
Easy Call card can be got from any Nepal Telecom�s counter as well as in the retailer.
Q. Can I use Easy Call Card account for both, as a SIP account or TDM calls (Dialing 1650)?
Off course, same Easy Call Card can be used to make VOIP call as well as TDM calls (1650).
Q. Where can I use Easy Phone Service?
Easy Phone service can be used from any part of the world having internet connectivity to any destination except Nepal.
Q. How to check the balance/Validity period of Easy Call Card?
The balance/Validity period can be checked by dialing 1650 and entering to the management call flow as well as through the Easy call Service Self Care web portal.
Portal link: http://fin.ntc.net.np/tellin/pps_usr_index.jsp
After Logged In
Nepal TelecomKathmandu Regional Directorate
Intelligent Network (IN) Section
Call : 4221244, 4220930
Fax : 4227777
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hit Counter : 1001